Saturday, July 15, 2006

Heatwave and snacks



The city from Arthur's Seat (a hill).

It's sunny and warm today, as it was yesterday. Don't know the temperature, but it must be about - oh, maybe 75 Fahrenheit or somewhere in the 20s Centigrade... Celsius... never really got the hang of these modern versions of temperature. Anyway, it's too hot to garden.

The cafe (don't know how to do accents, sorry) round the corner from us has a lovely engraved-effect slogan at the bottom of its window declaring that it sells "Coffee's". Ouch. And now it's sprouted a notice advertising "Scrumy snacks". Is it me, or does that sound rather revolting? Green and somewhat furry.

I'm wondering if I'm alone in not feeling like writing a post unless I've got at least one comment. It's strange, since I'm quite happy to write my handwritten diary for no one. Indeed, I very much hope that no one has ever read it, in its 40 year history. I now don't know why I go on writing it, but can't stop. (I don't write every day.) That diary may be pointless. But somehow it would seem even more so to do this blog to no audience at all.

Except that it's quite fun. Certainly more fun than most of the useful tasks I should be doing and am going to start on right now...

5 comments:

  1. I agree! Very hot today. After all my moaning about the cold and grey, as soon as it gets warm I complain it's too hot to go out :)

    There really needs to be some Apostrophe Police. Or they could add it to the job descriptions of the Parking Inspectors; they're always out on the beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just over from Gina's to visit... It is nice to write out one's thoughts and see it published complete with pictures, isn'nt it. Validates our day...sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would give anything for a heatwave today! It's rainy and cold and blah here in my part of oz. I suppose I should at least be happy that the farmers will get some rain ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, doesn't that make you {{{{{cringe}}}}}. Whenever I see spelling etc. errors like that in public, I am sorely tempted to point them out to the owner/manager of the business. Sometimes I actually do, and the person responsible will usually take steps to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 75 too hot -- bwaa ha ha ha ha! It was 95 with about 90% humidity on Saturday. I gardened for an hour and I was DRENCHED! It's been yucky here for two weeks.

    ReplyDelete