Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Grrr

Listen, bloggy friends, am I the only one who's having problems commenting on some blogs, and does anyone have a solution? Last time this happened, I could see the comment box but my comments didn't save, and the answer was not to stay signed in. That worked. This time, the comment box flashes up for a millisecond and is then replaced by a blank screen. It doesn't happen with most blogs but does with some of my favourites, eg Being Me, Slow Lane Life and Bronze Wombat.

I know one shouldn't be ungrateful to Blogger, since he gives us everything free, but I'm feeling a little peeved. I've given him a week or two to sort himself out and he doesn't seem to have done so. What with that and the slates off the roof, the dishwasher developing a fault never seen before by dishwasher menders, the non-working tv, the car's serious illness and now my computer screen, which keeps freezing... . Mutter, mutter... .

Still, looking at Grandson in his new hat is very cheering.

14 comments:

  1. Some of my favourite blogs have upgraded to threaded comments - I have no idea what that looks like as they freeze every time I try to see the comments :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone told me that they were having trouble commenting on my blog and that i should go to Settings and choose comment box or whole page option. Can't remember what I chose, but it worked and she said she could comment now. Don't know if that helps or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I am having exactly that problem Isabelle....thought it was just me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And not only cherrig, I should think that adorable baby could take your mind off of anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:56 pm

    I have not had trouble with your blog, but other Blogger blogs with the word you have to type.. I can type 50 words and it still says I got it wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is s problem - everyone is talking about it right now. I think if we revert to the old blogger interface it works out. I am going to try changing back to see if that sorts mine out. I have no problem commenting. Just getting emails saying people can't comment on mine. Oh well. Blogger needs to get things sorted.
    But the grandson make up for a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is such a nice hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well....I have changed the settings on my blog, let's see if that works.....it seems to be a problem with blogger at present, though. Young Grandson looks very please with his new hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to 2012. Everything will now break down.

    *klunk*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, whatever Jennifer did, worked. But what was it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That grandson of yours is very well connected---to talented knitters! And you would have to be an extreme grouch not to be cheered by that smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is cute!
    Bronze Wombat's site was doing that to me too, so were a couple of others ,so I perservered and right clicked on the name up in the tool bar as it appeared there when the screen went blamk; and got through,
    It can be so time wasting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Re Rachel's blog Slow Lane Life, I have finally found that (at the moment) I can leave comments if I change the way I call up the comments. I used to open a new tab with a right-click. That will now work at all now. What does (mostly) seem to work is to directly click on the word "comments" - a direct, left click. The comments box then opens as a small, separate box. I often have to re-sign in, though, and you will have to slide the bottom bar to be able to do this within the little box, as it will not open to a whole page.
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aren't you all ingenious ! I just wept and gave up .
    Somehow it all seems to have come back ( it's the 29th ) ..... till the next time .

    ReplyDelete